tips for generals

Tha_rooster

If your planning to take a city or a group of buildings it might be an idea to buy some troop crawlers especially since you get the troops in it (8 soldiers) thus you actually only pay 200 for the crawler 1400-4x300=200 (remember the chinese soldiers come in pairs) ofcourse you'll quickly send em back for rocket soldiers unless you wan't to be the victim of chemical tractors.

With most games where there are oil wells, take as many as possible as soon as possible. The 1000$ can help a LOT when it comes to building a base fast, and if you play agaisnt coms, they usually don't attack the oil wells with a lot of guys so it is quite easy t defend.

If you immediatly build everything as soon as you can it will take a while to get the factory for tanks, if you take over 2 oil wells you immediatly have the money.

This tactic allows me to get a good defense up even before Brutal enemies can attack you

:pĀ 

try to get a unexhausteble source of money as quick as possible (black market, hackers, UN drop) as gathering recources/suplies or oilwells for that matter make you vunreble to attacks.

If you have hackers with the chinese, it is better to built several 'staches' of hackers in different areas, so that if you depend on them to gain money, a nuke or other weapon won't immediatly destroy all your income!

Another thing with the Chinese, is try and get at least 3 Gatlings and two bunkers on every exit and fill the bunkers with rocket men, this kills almost anything. Especially with the Gatling upgrade and of course the NUKE Cannon.

PS. Nuke Cannon very handy in defense, but be careful in offense they are HORRIBLY slow!

when buying overlord tank, the bunker upgrade is better than the gattling upgrade when filled with rocket dudes ;)

hope that helps

When you build a lot of those tanks. You can make a few tanks with health, a few with gattling upgrades and a few with bunkers!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Let me comment on the ideas offered!

I totally agree with the dude claiming to be some sort of a master . . . the oil is very important at the first stage. SO when playing one on one (no comps) it is better to attack wells that have been already captured by the enemy and not to wait and hope that you can recapture it at a later stage.

REMEMBER! This is one money source that the enemy cant rehabilitate!! This is what I call PURE damage...

Alon

When Playing US in Urban areas - Like the one the roostah is releasing soon. It is very important to upgrade soldiers with flashbangs. They are very good if you have like 4. If 2 or 3 get killed there will always be someone to kill all the other 8. So when playing Chinese or whatever, put one or two regular soldiers inside the building along with the rocket launchers!Ā  :)

Alon

I've got two last tips for today.

Actually the first thing is not really a tip, I want to raise the issue about hackers. Everybody likes them because they are cheaper than black market and drop zones - TRUE! But after building the propaganda center, usually $635 is quite a sum of money compare to the time until the hacker redeems itself. Since the Chinese dont have chinooks they have less access to supply zones and therefore they are very much dependant on hackers which are very valnurable especially if playing against the US that have pradators and radar searches that can reveal those hackers and attack them quite easily.

Another tip is: When Playing the US it is very much recommended to use the Aurora fighters especially at later stages of the match when everybody have quite a lot of money to build anything. ITS TRUE - the Aurora are very expensive, and they are very valnurable. BUT (and that is a big BUT) whatever you want to attack you can destroy with a sufficient amount of Aurora's since they are invincible on the way to the target!

Sorry for that long postĀ  :rolleyes:

Alon

When Playing GLA or USA putting rocket launcher inside humvees or the thing that the GLA has (dont remember the names) can make them a very very strong weapon - especially when upgrading TOW missiles for humvees!Ā  :d

although their is a point that Tha_jew makes about the hackerz there is a disadvantage to the UN dropzones. If you know your enemy is fully dependent on them you can try to shoot down all the incoming airplanes. This will force him to go outa his base (just with chinooks for money) in this prospect the chinese have the advantage that the money cannot be cutoff unless the hackers are killed.

This is a very intersting comment roostah

Usually the airplanes are coming out very close to the base and when they are shot down they have already dropped their supplies!!

The Americans can destroy many hackers by just using two Aurora fighter jets - That's $5000 (excluding cost of an airport) for a very big source of money! Also the particle cannon is very useful against hackers.

Any comments?

Alon

May I just raise the fact that in terms of defense the Chinese are much more expensive. Guttling Cannon is $1200 and a bunker with all the soldiers is also very cost consuming while Patriot battery is only $1000.

Two points though . . .

Gattling cannon is quite poor against armoured vehicles. (The bunker is good though)

Patriot Batteries are quite poor against moving soldiers.

;)

Alon

Hey THa_Jew you have many interesting points and tips for Generals which I will have to try out, but about those planes, I agree with tha_rooster. Especially when I played against coms they have huge amounts of tanks that can also shoot down planes, and usually my migs don;t even come close to their base unless I make a very long detour around.

ah.. just a tip for chinese about the hackers..

commenting on the member who claims to be a jew ( ;) ) .. The hackers are quite vulnerable..

so what i do is i keep them in groups of three..

i have groups of 3 all over my base.. what you do is you set 3 to be trained.. set a rally point after the three have rejoined that rally point.. choose another one..

add another 3...

so spread them all over..... :p

it works quite nicely :)