winLAME mini-review..

Mr. Burns

I was looking for a decent MP3 encoder.. got hold of this one, it's really great, freeware, no ad-ware/spyware...
This is the easiest most user friendly thing i could find, if anyone knows something else please tell use B) .

The screenshot below shows all the main windows...
It's in wizard form.. so really easy. The preset screen (3), is great.. if you choose default it gives you the choice of configuring the stuff.. but there are some presets alread which are quite handy..

And on screen 5, don't change the Thread priority.. if u put it on high it'll really slow down your computer... to the point of freezing if you insist on trying to open another application :p

[url="http://winlame.sourceforge.net/"][i][b][color=red]winLAME WEBSITE | DOWNLOAD[/color][/b][/i][/url]

-----------------------------

[img]http://www.x-plane.org/users/asnamara/winLAME_reviewpic.jpg[/img]

-----------------------------
[quote][b]winLAME feature list[/b]

winLAME has the following features:
Encoding and decoding of many audio formats, including wave, mp3, ogg, aac, ...
Easy-to-use wizard-like user interface style for easy encoding setup
Uses high quality libraries like LAME, the Ogg Vorbis library, MAD, etc.
Presets for fast settings setup
Batch Processing
Detailed HTML Help File
Easy install- and uninstall process
Small size
Modular, multi-channel capable architecture
and yet even more!

[b]LAME features[/b]
winLAME uses the following features of LAME, the mp3 encoding library:
high quality and optimized mp3 encoding
dibrom's high-quality presets
nogap-encoding of continuous-mix-cd's
optimized 3DNow! and SSE routines[/quote]

[quote name='THA_monkey' date='Jun 15 2003, 05:23 PM'] Why would you use this program.  What use does it have encoding mp3s to mp3s...sounds very strane to me...I could understand if you were encoding .wav to mp3.  Maybe I am missing something [/quote]
i have an mp3 player now.. So i need to change some of the mp3 files.. those were just already encoded for the mp3 player, just for demo. But most mp3's are over 128 kbps so they take more space.. to stick more mp3 on my mp3 player io therefore converted all of the to 128kbps instead of having them at 256 or 400+kbps. Also some of the mp3's i have are in VBR or ABR so the time meter on the mp3 player messes up with vbr.. so i formated all of them to CBR..

so yes.. you were missing something.. B)

• 2 weeks later...