Homemade H/D cooler

Mr. Burns

That is the most Ghetto computer modification I have ever seen.  OMG the guys at HardOCP would be proud of its Ghettoness :ph34r: .  The guys at futuremark would probably crucify you...[futurermark modder voice]it would look so terrible behind a window[/futurermark modder voice].

At least your Hdd is safe now.

thanks for the kind words monkey B)

Pc-fre@k just told me of an idea, i could replace the cardboard legs by pegs made out of long screws :p with rubber at the end of it :handsup: gonna work on that now.. need to find rubber..
:p

ok i've done what pc-fre@k suggested, and behold..! the temp went down to 45 0__0  0__0 !!!
Thanks pc-fre@k!... apparently changing the cardboard legs for pegs made of screws has increased the airflow under the fans: therefore more fresh air can be pumped to the hard disk...
here's a pic (i uplaoded it via the new ftp thingy :d  B) )

[quote name='Tha_rooster' date='Jun 7 2003, 11:34 AM'] but is your hardrive hanging on one side?? [/quote]
ya man :p

it's dodgy but it works, same in my bro's comp... nad in his com it's been on one side for about 4 years already :)
if not more :p

• 2 months later...
I am gonna add some sound absorbing stuff too my pc, I'll make pics when it is finished :).

I hope I won't hear a thing!