Need Help, 'Death Row' mission in GTA:VC

Tha_Rainman

Has anyone done this mission? Its where you have to rescue Lance. I keep on getting killed or my time runs out. I am doing it with full health and armor and armed with several rounds of the Kruger.

Please give me some tips. I'm off to try it with the helicopter now...

This is what i've found on the net
[b]
Death Row Mission Tip
I didn't use any codes, but I had to try several times to beat it...  Here is how I did it...  First I saved at the mansion with a police car in my garage so every time I reloaded it was ready to go.  I also had an UZI with plenty of ammo and I had full armor/full health so I'd be ready to go if I had to reload.  Anyway, basically the best way I found to do it was to ram their barricade with the police car (aim for the front or back end of the car so it spins around when you hit it), I then tried to run over all the guys in that opening area.  Then I jumped out and started shooting everyone in the opening area with my UZI (make sure you keep re-targeting with R1 so you get them quickly).  After that initial area was clear I worked my way in slowly trying to re-target so I could see them more easily (doing the mission in daylight also helps).  If I spotted someone I stopped and kept shooting at long range to take them down before they reached me.  They usually comes in waves of 4 or 5...  I'd work my way up to Lance this way and by the time I got there everyone was dead.  After getting Lance I jumped in the Trashmaster garbage truck and bashed all the cars that came after on the way there.  By the time I got to the hospital I had blown them all up.  Just be carful not to blow up the truck or Lance will probably die if you don't get clear of the explosion.  When you pull up to the hospital make sure you position the truck so the passenger side door is right next to the pink marker so Lance steps right into it.

I found if I drove a car into their central area that I had to deal with guys coming from all sides, whereas if I entered from the front on foot I knew which way they were coming from and I could shoot them well before they even made it to me. [/b]

Hope this will help you,

D-Eye

I've totally lost track of the number of times I attempted it but I've made it finally!!  0__0

What I did in the end was use the garbage truck which is very durable so I just ambled along with all these cars ramming me.