Half life 2 vs Doom 3

NEO_2k

here comes the biggest question. are the two competitive.... well i have heard from an intellect that half life 2 is really good because of its interactivity. second thing is that the screen shots show that the game is a lot more 'brighter' than doom3 , you can see that from my previous posts.

though a hard core lover of doom3 , i believe that the major problem is its redundant nature.

its an AVP 2 repeat, same monsters and demons, its the same scary thing and the music is the only ground breaking thing about doom 3

well..... do tell me ur opinion

HL2 looks better than D3 IMO. I have a baad feeling hat D3 was hyped too much like Unreal 2. I'm still not sure whether I will play them or not because they are soo scary :'( You guys may remember how I didn't touch RTCW when it came out :d

altough it's risky to say i think that halflife 2 will be better. This is due to the fact that halflife 1 was probably more revolutionary especcially for multiplayer. Looking at the amounts of mods for halflife we can only hope halflife 2 will be equal to equivilate its predisessors succes.