ATi finally met its match

NEO_2k

Recent tests by the many sources have found that although ATi Radeon 9800 is really good, the problem lies in the fact that a new stronger card is coming into the market. its called the fx 5900 ultra. everyone has heard of it, so have i, and i know people have learnt a lot in the past. but think about it

the profits? the FSAA in 5900 is 50% compression which is reallly impressive. another cool thing is the memory is much bigger. the processor speed although lower than the 5800 is almost unnoticeable and is faster than 9800's pff 385 mhz.

though the losses? u lose one pci slot. the sound is also slightly noticeable although some say it is much more improved than the racket 5800 created. and finally EXPENSIVE :no: 9800 itself is costly think about the reputation of nVidia. they will keep it higher

Well, sorry to be picky but there is a 9800P with 256megs of DDR-II. However the FX has loads more memory bandwidth this time :p. Approx~ 21gpps on Radeon and 28gbps on the FX. Daym, the bandwidth difference is almost equal to the total bandwidth on my card :(

I think its good they blocked the first PCI slot, I leave mine free anyway so the card gets some decent airflow.

Its good to have a fellow nVidiot indahouse :d

If you read what i wrote before, i mentioned there are people who know a lot about the graphics card and so it was obviously assumed that you know the existence of a 256 mb card. it did not mean that there wasnt a 256 mb card.

nice to have a contradictor around us  :shoot: and besides i was comparing a fx 5900 to a 5800 so there have been some clear assumptions made. although yes the bandwith of a 5900 is much bigger it is 27.2 and not 28  :kewl: so u see u havent read my post quite clearly

heh :d

[quote] i dint even have to back up my answer because everyone else on this forum agrees so you too will have to give in to peer pressure soon enough. [/quote]

Sorry to dissapoint you Pothead, peer pressure won't do anything to make me go ATi :p