Half Life 2 'Optimized' for ATi

Tha_Rainman

Heh, ATi has decided to go nVidia style and 'optimize' games. Check out their [url="http://www.ati.com"]front page[/url].
[quote]The most immersive gaming experience possible is a reality. Optimized for Radeon 9800 series[/quote]

and the new slogan "ATi: Get in the GAME"

Don't totally decide your next card on a single game guys!! This optimization stuff is [i]mostly[/i] marketing 8U||5H17!! Any good dx9 card will run HL great. 'Even' a 9700  :d Games like Rallisport and UT2k3 all show nVidia's "The Way its Meant to be Played" slogan but as you would have seen other cards run it fine.

Mark, GeForce4Ti's are dx8 cards and HL will use dx9 features. So it won't look [i]as[/i] good as it would on a dx9 card. You will still get nice effects (better than you would with a GF2). Doom]|[ so far runs best with nVidia's new FX5900 by quite large margin compared to the 9800 [nvidiot mode]YESSS!! :d [/nvidiot mode] However the same applies to the GeForce4Ti, you will only get upto dx8 features in Doom]|[.

Also, if you are able to get a GeForce4Ti you are also able to get a Radeon 9500 no?

HERCULES (GUILLEMOT) 3D Prophet 9500 Pro (ATI Radeon9500 Pro) 128MB DDR
SGD396.00 | 11-May-2003

GIGABYTE GV-R9500 (Radeon 9500/AGP8x/ DirectX 9.0) 64MB DDR+DVI+TV-Out
SGD307.00 | 11-May-2003

It is a pretty decent card ATM, esp since it supports dx9 which means it will play D3 and HL2 with full effects. My [b]personal[/b] reservation with 'going ATi' is that their drivers are not as good as nVidia's. THAT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE FLAME BAIT!! Anyway... there's your choice.