NV35 to be the FX5900 Ultra

Tha_Rainman

Its here peeps!! :d According to this article its going to be announced on the 14th of May! Hope nVidia have done their homework this time!

[url="http://www.megagames.com/news/html/hardware/thechipformerlyknownasnv35.shtml"]http://www.megagames.com/news/html/hardwar...ownasnv35.shtml[/url]

[quote]Anyway it is going to go the same way as the geforce fx [/quote]

DooooD!  :blink:

There is no evidence that proves that yet.

Secondly, what they have revealed about it so far is quite [i]promising[/i] :)

256bit memory bus + no need for crazy cooling + cheaper DDR1 memory at 2.0ns :p Those are precisely the biggest faults of the current FX - narrow memory bus (128) + noisy cooling + expensive memory. It will be clocked at lower raw speeds than this too.

[quote name='Tha_Rainman' date='May 5 2003, 01:15 PM'] Secondly, what they have revealed about it so far is quite [i]promising[/i] :) [/quote]
when details about the GeForce FX where revealed it was very promissing.. everybidy was talking about it :rolleyes:

now.. GeForce FX is a joke...

[quote]when details about the GeForce FX where revealed it was very promissing[/quote]

That is not entirely true. There were [i]some people [/i]who actually realised what a big problem the narrow bus would cause...

[quote name='Tha_Rainman' date='May 6 2003, 08:41 AM'] That is not entirely true. There were [i]some people [/i]who actually realised what a big problem the narrow bus would cause... [/quote]
those people where the people criticizing the GFFX because they were Radeon fans... :p

most nvidia freakz were just wanting to buy it :lol:

but ok... we'll see :)
hopefully they have a  mascot as nice or better than the current GFFX one :p (the fairy.. she ain't ugly =8) )

ok seems like were getting on the nVidia vs. Ati :p (or AMD vs. Intel for that matter)

Here's the best advice i can give you

1. Do not really on specs as it is realworld performance that matters, specs can give an indication of what the performance may be but will not neccesarily determine it.

2. Do not be a fanboy (ok must admit i have been a AMDfanboy but who hasen't?) keep on looking at other brands constantly so that you don't waste money on something.

tha_rooster

[quote]QUOTE (Tha_Rainman @ May 6 2003, 08:41 AM)
That is not entirely true. There were some people who actually realised what a big problem the narrow bus would cause... 

those people where the people criticizing the GFFX because they were Radeon fans... 

most nvidia freakz were just wanting to buy it 
[/quote]

Firstly if I have to make it blatently obvious the people I'm talking about its people over at the FM forum not to mention people who wrote articles about it at numerous tech sites!! :d

On the contrary, I agree with tha_rooster completely. Its a pity that most companies nowadays do so many 'paper launches' of their products. [ I think nv has been the worst offender lately!] Just recently they supposedly announced the specs of the NV40 - a chip that will be out in over a year! I don't have much faith in specs for a card that is so far away. What I'm getting at here is the problems with spec releases opposed to actual products. Remember the GeForce4 release? Nobody knew what it would be... peeps only speculated!

Yea... I too admit I'm an nVidiot  :p [thats what they call 'em at Futuremark. And the Ati ones are fan[b]ATi[/b]cs ] But I'm not too much of an nvidiot to buy a NV30 :p

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Tha_rooster' date='May 6 2003, 10:07 AM'] Do not really on specs as it is realworld performance that matters, specs can give an indication of what the performance may be but will not neccesarily determine it. [/quote]
I believe the rooster has been affected by a well known virus....

Not SARS, its TOK but yea he is so true when he makes that statement.....
maybe this might change you guys mind on what 'real world performance' has to say.......

[url="http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030512/geforce_fx_5900-11.html"]DOOM 3 and beyond[/url]

these might satisfy you people...... and as the Jew said nVidia sounds more nice on the tounge than ATi

Although after yesterday with the French and the Masta, the pronunciation of ATi of the french is COOL

:shoot: Edited by NEO_2k