X-15 for FS2002

Mr. Burns

0k...
what can i say :) ... been waiting for one of these for a long time... and with such quality it's great :d...
The X-15 is more of a rocket than plane... although it is still officially a plane..
It has beaten all altitude and speed records for planes.

It has reached an altitude of 108km, a flight is considered a space flight from 80km altitude onwards..  8 pilots earned their astronaut wings flying the X-15.. The maximum speed reached is Mach 6.7 :lol: ... that's very fast indeed :)

you can download the plane [url="http://www.simviation.com/files/1military/X15c.zip"]here[/url]

[u]Pros[/u]
- Excellent looking model
- Historic Plane
- Fun too fly
- d4mn f457

[u]Con[/u]
- Limitations of Flight Simulator prevent flights over 100,000 a third of the maximum altitude of the X-15 (no plane is able to go over 100,000 feet anyways, so it's not microsofts fault (for 0nce))
- Bit hard to land (not that it's easy to land this beast in real life.

[b]screenie[/b]

Why removing this thread?  :huh:

Except for the fact that the afterburner (rocket engine) is a bit silly looking (sorry but you all know I am very good at criticism) the plane looks quite nice!

Right on - we want to see more screenies

NB
Rainman I dont think you can cruise at mach 7 at ground level - maybe mach 1 or so but definately not in the maximum speed