S.A.R.S. in Tha_Shack

Tha_rooster

just to prepare for the lan i would like to hear any suggestions for the lan as we are going to run a dedicated server (laptop p3@500mhz 128+56mb ram 11gb). Here are a couple of games that came to my mind.

Battlefield 1942
Day of Defeat
Counterstrike1.5
halflife
UT2003
C&C Generals

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight Simulator 2002
Il-2 Sturmovik
GENERALS!!! (make it work though)

you have a tv in the shack? we need to wathc some dvd's or dvd rips

i got a bunch of decent movies together wit rainman (he's got bling bling :d ) and if someone wants to see 'the pianist' :)

monkey's gonna be our dj with harry_pothead i guess B) (Traktor 2!!!)

................ old p2..............................................................com2 com3 com4
...................|............................................................................\    |    /
www------router------50m(from router to shack)------com1-----switch----com5
................................................................................................/    |    \   
.........................................................................................com8 com7 com6

this is the network configuration for now i'll let you guys now about any changes

(ignore dot's)

I was thinking that i could set up my shuttle as a music server as well with lots and lots of mp3's and then we can have an app that lests people request songs that get put in the playlist via tcp/ip..... traktor/pcdj/d-vinyl/atomix is overkill for a lan......

How loud are we allowed to be? if severe acute loudness is alowed ill bring a PA system

Another vote for IL-2 and BF1942 !
Midtown Madness 2
Rallisport Challenge :d

D-Eye, where can we get CS1.6?? Is it out?

OH yeah... all you peeps ought to get the 2 Epic and Digital Extremes bonus packs for UT2003. 'ownage mappack' is another good idea.

you don't need to bring your stuff my speakers + amp are enough (louder then i can bear when i'm halfway the volume knob) just make sure you can plug it in rca plugs i think. (btw got seperate cd player+ seperate tuner+ seperate cassetdeck)

[quote]D-Eye, where can we get CS1.6?? Is it out?[/quote]
From what I know, could be wrong but CS 1.6 is not out.  Obviouslly you can play it, but you must download the Steam Server in order to do so.  It is basically a program released by Valve, in order to act as a server for all of its games, and also a way to release updates.  The main problem is, that you must download the files for CS everytime you want to play it, and therefore it is limited to being played online therefore, no LAN play.

I could be completely wrong and everyone around the world is playing the game over LAN, (but you can't download it from anywhere, a small problem.) 

Here is an extract from an article I read

[quote]Steam and CS 1.6
Greeting CounterStrike Advocates!
I come with new information on the upcoming patch CS 1.6 and the new platform that will run CounterStrike - STEAM

Taken from Gamespy: GameSpy "Steam is a broadband business platform

[quote]If you start talking about ut2003 again i will put you in the hall of shame..... its crap![/quote]

Well, for me its quite a fun game to play. I guess its because of the fast gameplay and the great graphics. Please explain [b]why [/b]you think its crap...

Ok. You are going into the hall.

Its crap because they took grat gamepley, made it worse and spiced up the graphics.

UT1 is faster most of the time, has better weapons all of the time, is smoother all of the time and was generally perfect.

UT2003 lost alot of the magic that UT1 had. Just because its newer doesnt make it better..... It UT1 had not existen i would have been amazed..... but now that this is the sequel to UT it has no chance........ The fact that it is so much less good than the original makes it crap.

*runs off to the hall of shame*

well what we mostly have are dvd rips... so we can watch it on a com.. :d

hey would we could even use 2 monitors on a dual display capable card :rolleyes: .... then we we can show the movie in two directions in the room...  :d

B)

you don't need a very good rig to play videos. My p133 with 64mb 2gig tnt2 pci 32mb (thanx to tha_french for forgetting his tnt2 after andrews lan) can even play vcd's decently.

:p (ps installed halflife dod cs on this badassmofo so can act as a backupserver)

Videos look better when coming out of a better video card...which is a fact...my radeon 9700 is slightly better than a tnt 2.  Also, wasn't one of the criterea dual monitor output?

I wasn't trying to brag...I am just happy that I am getting a new pc after about 2-3 years :d

so for the movies..... should i borrow a projector from a guy i work for or are we gonna go with monitors? im not bringing a 21" so if you want that you will have to look elsewhere....... and i doubt my dad would let me bring his 21" anyways.......

ps. monkey, we cant wait for you to start serving with at uni either :d:D:D Edited by harry_pothead