Splinter cell...

PC-fre@k

I just installed splinter cell, updated it and patched it with no cd crack (all on the Onyx DVD)

I cab start the game, and run my profile. But when I should move the guy doesn't do anything at all (seems like all keys are blocked, except for ESC ande mouse...)

Anybody knows a solution or heard about this?

Sounds like you are starting the training mission. You have to follow the instructions exactly before you can start moving. The first things you have to do are to look at some red lights if I'm not mistaken. So just listen to what Lambert is saying and do all those. You'll be movin in no time :d

he said I have to turn to the light, but I can't.... I tried all buttons on the keyboard (and they are set)
But whats the button to turn? because there is only strafe in it.

Shouldn't you be using the mouse to turn around, at least that is what the default is.  If you have remapped or changed the configuration of the keys, try resetting it to default.

[color=purple][b]* PC-fre@k wishes he could be playing splinter cell rather than studying :([/b][/color]

[quote]seems like all keys are blocked, except for ESC ande mouse.[/quote]

The mouse is what you look around with as you found out for yourself! You'll get the hang of it soon... Wait till you get to the split jump :p -now thats cool!

I can't get "me" to move!! not in any direction... I can only look around :s

Ok, you can only look around at first using the mouse. He gets you to look at 3 lights one after another. Wait till he gives the okay for each light. Once you have been 'okayed' for all three lights he instructs you to move forward.

Were you not able to move [b]after [/b]he gave the instruction to move forwards towards the wall?

hehe, nope. He said to look I think.... And I never managed :p

Gonna try it now

Yeah I've done it!!

BUt now I have a new problem, my sound is going crazy when I play the game some minutes... When the other guys starts talking, my sound is going sggggggggrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssskkkkkkkkkkkkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NOT GOOD!!!

Is there a fix for that? Or does somebody know the problem?

I hope so...

PC-fre@k

Yikes! I had the same problem. You are using a SoundBlaster Live! right? Goto the creative website and get the latest sound drivers for your card. It [i]should [/i]fix that crackling problem. I had the same problem in Battlefield 1942 as well but its gone after the latest patch and updating the sound drivers.

Jupz, Ok thanks! I'm gonna look for them... BUt I think I already had the latest drivers, but maybe it overwrited the drivers? well I'll try it out.

Thanks,

PC-fre@k